1 egg, beaten
¼ cup milk or alternative milk
¼ cup flour or 3 Tbl cornstarch
2 teaspoons lemon peel, grated
¼ teaspoon paprika
4 (4 ounce fillets) haddock, flounder, cod or scrod
1 teaspoon butter
¼ cup sliced almonds
½ cup green onion, sliced
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
4 sprigs fresh parsley, chopped
1. In a shallow plate, combine egg and milk. In a second shallow plate, combine flour, lemon peel and paprika.
2. Coat each fish fillet one at a time in egg mixture, then coat evenly with flour mixture. Place on plate lined with wax paper.
3. Cover and chill at least 15 minutes.
4. Heat large, non-stick skillet over medium heat and add cooking spray. Add fillets and cook about 4 minutes on each side until golden
brown, crisp and fish flakes with a fork. Remove fish and keep warm.
5. Wipe out skillet and add cooking spray and butter. Add sliced almonds to skillet and cook until golden brown, stirring often. Stir in green onion and lemon juice. Heat, stirring.
6. Serve sauce over fillets and sprinkle with parsley.
Garlicky Mustard Greens
1 pound mustard greens
1 teaspoon olive oil
½ cup onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
½ cup red bell pepper, chopped
¼ cup chicken broth, non-fat, lower-sodium
2 teaspoons cider vinegar
½ teaspoon sugar
1. Wash greens well. Remove stems and any wilted leaves.
2. Stack several leaves, roll up and cut crosswise into 1-inch slices. Repeat with remaining greens.
3. Heat oil in Dutch oven or large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook and stir 5 minutes until onion is tender.