Maple-Balsamic-Glazed Pork Medallions — Serves 4
2 tablespoons maple syrup
3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon prepared Dijon mustard
1 pound pork tenderloin
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 dash salt, kosher
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
1. In a small saucepan combine syrup and vinegar; bring to boil. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 3 minutes until reduced.
2. Remove from heat and stir in mustard.
3. Cut pork crosswise into 8 pieces. Place each pork piece between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; pound to ¼-inch thickness using a meat mallet or small heavy skillet.
4. Heat oil in large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
5. Sprinkle pork evenly with salt and pepper. Add pork to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side.
6. Add vinegar mixture; cook 1 minute or until desired degree of doneness, turning pork to coat.
7. Place 2 pork medallions on each of 4 plates; drizzle remaining sauce from pan evenly onto each serving.
Make it a meal: Steamed broccoli and Roasted Butternut Squash with Rosemary
Roasted Butternut Squash with Rosemary —Serves 6
3 cups butternut squash, cubed (¾ inch cubes)
2 shallots, diced
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon fresh rosemary
½ teaspoon sugar
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
2 tablespoons ground flax seed
1. Preheat oven to 450°F.
2. Toss squash cubes and shallots in plastic bag with oil to coat. Spread onto baking sheet; sprinkle with spices and ground flax.
3. Bake for 20 minutes. Turn and bake for 10 to 15 more minutes.
Pumpkin Cheesecake — Serves 8
1 pound organic almond or soy cream cheese
¼ cup Benefiber
3 stevia packets
1 Tbl vanilla extract
½ cup pumpkin puree
1 tsp pumpkin spice
3 servings mary’s gone crackers
1 tsp pumpkin spice
1 tbl walnut oil
½ cup plain coconut yogurt (or organic greek)
1 tsp vanilla
¼ cup chopped walnuts
Beat together cream cheese, eggs, fiber, stevia and vanilla
In separate bowl, stir together pumpkin puree and pumpkin spice
Crush crackers into crumbs
Mix crumbs, pumpkin spice and walnut oil together and press into 8” pie plate
Pour cream cheese mixture into pie crust, then swirl in the pumpkin puree mixture
Bake 350 for about 25 minutes or until knife comes out clean
Cool and top each slice with about 1 tbl yogurt/vanilla topping, ½ tbl walnuts